About Your Dentist
Dr. Tom Watkins, or Dr. Tom as he is commonly known, is originally from the small west Texas town of Levelland. It is there that he met his wife of 28+ years. Together they have two grown children, one grandson and a granddaughter on the way.
His personal motto, "Loving to live by living to love," is evident in all aspects of his life. Every year Dr. Tom travels along with a group of other caring individuals to Guatemala to provide dental care for those in need. He plans to continue doing so for many, many years to come. Dr. Tom enjoys active pastimes like mountain biking, hiking, and fishing (especially deep sea fishing), and some not-so-active pastimes like good 'ol backyard sit-under-the-tree visiting with friends and family. He is also an active member of his church and his serving spirit permeates his work.
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Education Association
- American Orthodontic Society
- American Endodontic Society
- American Society of Dental Anesthesia
- Texas Dental Association
- Full Clinical Professor at UTHSCSA, Dept. of Comprehensive Dentistry, 30+ years
- Texas Tech University, with honors
- U.S. AirForce Health Professions Scholarship
- University of Texas Dental School at San Antonio (UTHSCSA), with honors
- Meritorious Service Award
- Commander's Commendation Award
- Southwest Academy of Restorative Dentistry
- SA District Dental Society
Baylor all the way! In 1980, Dr. Swedenburg graduated from Baylor University in Waco, Texas, and the Baylor University College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas, in 1984. Practicing for just under 30 years, he is uniquely qualified to meet all your dental needs. In his spare time, he enjoys watching his kids grow up and motorcycle riding.